LED  Thermal  Solution  Leading  Provider

            Where To Buy             consumer saturday; hazards of electric appliances-Mingfa Tech-img+86-769-39023131      video-consumer saturday; hazards of electric appliances-Mingfa Tech-imgsales@mingfatech.com

consumer saturday; hazards of electric appliances

by:Mingfa Tech     2019-12-31
Lisa belkinov
1984 this is a digital version of an article from The Times Print Archive, before it starts online in 1996.
To keep these articles as they appear initially, the Times will not change, edit, or update them.
There are occasional copywriting errors or other problems during the digitization process.
Please send a report of such issues to archid_feedback @ nytimes. com.
In Chicago, a woman is taking her hair dryer while blowing into the bathtub with a hairdryer.
Although the device was not turned on, it was inserted and the woman was shocked.
In Boston, a man walked out of the shower and opened his hair dryer.
Standing in the small water pit he created, he was also killed.
\"People think these devices are harmless because they are using them every day,\" said Nancy Harvey Stros, chairman of the Consumer Product Safety Committee . \".
She put a burnt hair dryer in her Washington office and was thrown into bed when opened, triggering a fire that burned a house.
\"Electricity can kill,\" Madam. Steorts said.
The committee estimates that 600 people are electrocuted at home every year.
The commission said about 30 people died when using an electric hair dryer and others died when touching faulty wires or exposed sockets.
In addition, 25,000 electrical fires kill 1,100 people each year.
Many deaths and countless injuries can be avoided.
If people are more aware of the dangers of electrical appliances, says Steorts.
She spoke about a demonstration she had conducted across the country, during which a device that was not plugged in was put into a full basin.
Despite lectures on the dangers of electric and water mixing, a television photographer who wanted to record the splash sound put the microphone next to the sink.
If the microphone hits the water, the man may be surprised, madam.
\"People just don\'t think,\" added Steorts.
One of the precautions recommended by the Commission is the installation of the ground-
Faulty circuit breaker where electricity and water are together-
In the bathroom and swimming pool, for example.
If the current starts to flow through a person\'s body, these devices cut off the current and are designed to detect a very small degree of leakage current, working so fast, it is usually possible to avoid the serious damage caused by electric shock and electric shock.
The portable version of the switch is inserted into the socket and can be used with equipment such as garden tools.
The socket version is permanently placed in the socket and should be installed by a certified electrician. A panel-
Board type installed in the circuit-
Replace the breaker box of a specific circuit breaker;
This should also be installed by an electrician.
The committee has a brochure. P. S. C.
Provide consumers with electrical safety guidelines and a list of \"home electrical safety audits \".
The main points raised include :-
Electrical equipment should be placed in a dry place to prevent rain and stay away from plants and aquariums.
Where the ground is generated, the contact between electricity and a small amount of water causes an electric shock. -Small heat-
When not in use, the production appliances should be unplugged, as the sudden surge of power will set them on fire.
Small household appliances such as ovens should be unplugged when not in use.
When not in use for a long time, the larger electrical plug should be unplugged.
Please click on the box to verify that you are not a robot.
The email address is invalid. Please re-enter.
You must select the newsletter you want to subscribe.
View all New York Times newsletters. -
Bulbs with excessive power supply may catch fire due to overheating.
If you do not know the right size, use a bulb that is not greater than 60 watts. -
If the lights and extension lines in the traffic area are injured, they may become a fire hazard. -
Wires should not be wound around themselves or other objects as they may overheat.
All sockets and switches should be cool when touching.
An unusually warm socket, switch, or wire may be a sign of unsafe wiring.
The electric plug should be close to the socket; loose-
The accessory plug causes overheating.
Similarly, when the washing machine or dryer is running, excessive vibration or movement can bring unnecessary pressure to the electrical connection.
When electric blankets are covered by other blankets or quilts or sleeping pets, they may overheat (
This limit does not apply to beds-
Heating device placed under sleeper).
The list also states that if you ever get a slight hit (
Except static electricity)
From the appliance, do not touch it when inserting the appliance before the electrician checks.
Advertising electric heating equipment shall be stamped with the seal of the state-approved testing laboratory.
Heaters that are not tested by organizations such as insurance company laboratories provide less assurance as to whether safety functions are sufficient.
If you are worried about your wires or appliances, migt would like a licensed electrician to check your home.
Copies of checklists and brochures can be obtained by writing an electrical safety audit in Washington, D. C. C. 20207.
A version of this article was printed on page 1001048 of the National edition on November 10, 1984 with the title: Consumer Saturday;
The harm of electrical appliances.
Custom message
Chat Online 编辑模式下无法使用
Chat Online inputting...